NVQ LEVEL 2 IN INSULATION AND BUILDING TREATMENTS
Among the range of construction qualifications that we offer at DMR Training is onsite NVQ assessment in Insulation and Building Treatments. This NVQ is suitable for experienced construction and building maintenance workers who specialise in internal/external insulation and energy efficiency building treatments such as external wall or roof insulation.
The drive to decarbonise energy consumption is gathering pace across the UK, and now is an ideal time for sector workers to consider the qualifications they’ll need.
We assess both the NVQ certificate and NVQ diploma for this qualification, and cover eleven optional pathways:
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Insulation and Building Treatments (Construction)
- External Wall Insulation – Boarder
- External Wall Insulation – Finisher
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Cold Roof Insulation (Loft)
- Warm Roof Insulation (Loft)
- Internal Insulation
- Floor Insulation
- Insulate Framed Sections of Buildings
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Insulation and Building Treatments (Construction)
- Wood Preserving and Damp-proofing
- External Wall Insulation – Boarder/Finisher
- Cold/Warm Roof Insulation (Loft)
All pathways include the mandatory three construction NVQ units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace.
An additional two mandatory units are included within the diploma:
- Preparing Structures for Treatment in the Workplace
- Reinstating the Structure after Treatment in the Workplace.
Along with the generic mandatory units, you will also be expected to complete at least one additional unit (which is defined by your chosen pathway).
- The Insulation and Building Treatments NVQ is delivered via the onsite assessment route for workers with at least three years’ experience.
- It’s a vocational qualification and you’ll need to be in work.
- No travelling or exams involved: you’ll be observed in your place of work, participate in discussions with your NVQ assessor by telephone or online, and asked to submit work-based evidence via email.
- Finish in 8-12 weeks and apply for your CSCS Skilled Worker card.
Costs, Funding & How to Apply
We currently have access to government NVQ funding for insulation workers living in Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Sheffield City Region (or employees of companies with sites in those regions).
Apply For Your Insulation NVQ
Fill out our contact form and we’ll call you back within one working day.