DMR offers on-site assessment in over 20 construction NVQs including Bricklaying, Joinery, Plastering, Painting & Decorating, Site Supervision, Site Management. We’re accredited to deliver qualifications ranging from level 2 up to level 6. You can find an extensive list of all the NVQs that we offer at the bottom of this page.
We currently have funding to deliver NVQs FREE of charge for eligible construction workers living or working in Greater Manchester and the Sheffield City Region.
Our experienced assessors provide support, advice and guidance throughout the entire NVQ process. If you’re an employer, we can evaluate the assessment and training needs of your workforce and also help you find out if you’re eligible for CITB training grants.
As a nationwide training provider, we’ve got NVQ assessors based across the country including London, Birmingham and Manchester.
To find out more, call us on 01942 673047 or fill out our contact form below.
Find Out More
Why do I need an NVQ?
An NVQ qualification is recognition that you’ve reached a certain level of expertise in your trade, and also demonstrates your ability to work safely too. Together with a CSCS Card, your NVQ validates your skill and experience in the eyes of people who’ve never seen you work such as potential employers, site managers or new clients.
How it works
Gaining your NVQ via the on-site assessment and training route (OSAT) consists of two parts – knowledge and practical.
The practical side of the qualification involves building a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate that your skills meet the requirements of the NVQ. Evidence can be obtained in several ways including on-site observations, photographs, witness testimonies, 1-to-1 professional discussions and copies of company documentation (e.g. site induction records, risk assessments etc). Your NVQ assessor will advise you on the best ways to collect this evidence.
The knowledge side of the qualification involves answering a series of questions relating to your specific trade and health & safety. These can be handwritten or typed on a word processor. Your assessor will be available by phone and email to provide support and guidance.
When all evidence has been collected, your assessor will submit your portfolio for verification. You will receive your NVQ certificate shortly after and can then apply for your CSCS Card.
Why Choose DMR?
- We’ve delivered over 600 NVQs in the last three years with a 99% success rate – well above average for the industry.
- We offer excellent value for money compared to colleges and other training providers.
- The majority of our NVQ assessors have at least 10 years’ experience in the industry.
- We work fast – we’ll aim to complete your level 2 NVQ in 8-12 weeks.
- We offer flexible payment. We won’t ask for the final 50% of the fee until you’ve finished the NVQ.
- Still not sure? Find out what others have said about us on our testimonials page.
Which CSCS Card Can I Apply For?
Which Construction NVQs Can I Take With DMR Training?
- External Wall Insulation
- Fitted Interiors
- Interior Systems – Dry Lining (Fixing/Finishing/Ceiling Fixing/Partitioning)
- Painting and Decorating
- Trowel Occupations
- Maintenance Operations
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Passive Fire Protection
- Removal of Non Hazardous Wastes
- Wood Occupations – Site Carpentry
- Site Logistics Operations
- Construction Operations – General Construction
- Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment
- Construction Operations – Structural Concreting
- Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Construction Operations – Modular Paving Pavement Construction/Structural Concreting/General Building Operations
- Highways Maintenance – Flexible Pavement Construction/Laying Kerbs and Channels/Structural Concreting/Drainage Construction/Excavation and Reinstatement/Modular Pavement Construction/Non Structural Concreting
- Plant Operations (for CPCS Card)