Fully-Funded Onsite NVQ Assessment For Construction Workers
For a limited time, we are able to offer onsite NVQ assessment FREE of charge to eligible construction workers and employers in GREATER MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRE and SHEFFIELD CITY REGION (Sheffield City Region includes Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Worksop and large parts of Derbyshire). This is a rare opportunity to get your NVQ and CSCS Card for free, saving you up to £1000.
– Who is eligible for free NVQ assessment?
Experienced Workers – If you are a construction worker applying to get yourself qualified you must live or work in Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Sheffield City Region (encompassing Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, North East Derbyshire and the Derbyshire Dales). You must also have a minimum of two to three years’ experience in your trade.
Employers – If you are an employer applying to get your staff qualified your business must be registered or doing contract work in Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Sheffield City Region. If you are CITB registered, you can also claim the £600 CITB achievement grant for each employee who completes the NVQ.
– Which trades are covered?
The trades below are available at Level 2:
- Insulation and Building Treatments – External Wall Insulation / Cavity Wall Insulation / Loft Insulation
- Fitted Interiors (Kitchen and Bathroom Fitting)
- Interior Systems – Dry Lining (Fixing/Finishing/Ceiling Fixing/Partitioning)
- Painting and Decorating
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying)
- Passive Fire Protection (Firestopping)
- Damage, Repair & Resurfacing
- Removal of Non-Hazardous Wastes
- Construction Operations – General Construction
- Construction Operations – Structural Concreting
- Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Construction Operations – Modular Paving Pavement Construction/Structural Concreting/General Building Operations
- Cladding Occupations
- Specialised Cladding and Rainscreen Systems
- Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems – Reinforced Bitumen Membrane Roofing / Liquid Applied Membrane Roofing Systems / Single Ply
Completion of an NVQ Level 2 listed above will enable you to apply for a CSCS Skilled Worker card (blue card).
Available at Level 3:
- Occupational Work Supervision (leading to a CSCS gold card for supervisors)
– How does onsite assessment work?
An NVQ is validation of your existing skills and experience. During the qualification, your NVQ assessor will instruct you to collect work-based evidence that satisfies the requirements of the NVQ. There are many different ways to evidence your skills; some of the most common methods are photographs, videos, witness testimonies, employer endorsements, job cards and an onsite observation (where your assessor visits you in your workplace to watch you work). There is also ‘course work’ to complete which consists of a question pack relating to construction health and safety as well as specific questions about your trade.
– How long does it take?
A level 2 NVQ taken through the onsite assessment route usually takes between 8 and 12 weeks to complete. If you require a CSCS Card immediately, you can apply for the Experienced Worker Card (temporary card) while you are doing your qualification.
– How to apply
To check your eligibility and get your application started, please fill out the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within one working day. Alternatively, you can call us on 01942 673047 or email us at email@example.com.
Please act fast as funding is limited and we will provide this service on a first come, first served basis.