Fully-Funded Onsite NVQ Assessment For Construction Workers
For a limited time, we are able to offer onsite NVQ assessment FREE of charge to eligible construction workers and employers in GREATER MANCHESTER or SHEFFIELD CITY REGION (Sheffield City Region includes Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Worksop and large parts of Derbyshire). This is a rare opportunity to get your NVQ and CSCS Card for free, saving you up to £1000.
– Who is eligible for free NVQ assessment?
Experienced Workers – If you are a construction worker applying to get yourself qualified you must live or work in Greater Manchester or Sheffield City Region (encompassing Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, North East Derbyshire and the Derbyshire Dales). You must also have a minimum of two to three years’ experience in your trade.
Employers – If you are an employer applying to get your staff qualified your business must be registered or doing contract work in Greater Manchester or Sheffield City Region. If you are CITB registered, you can also claim the £600 CITB achievement grant for each employee who completes the NVQ.
– Which trades are covered?
The trades below are available at Level 2 (some trades also available at Level 3)
- Building Maintenance, Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment
- Construction Operations – General Construction (Groundwork)
- Construction Operations – Structural Concreting
- Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services – Construction Operations – Modular
- External Wall Insulation
- Fitted Interiors
- Highways Maintenance – Flexible Pavement Construction/Laying Kerbs and Channels/Structural Concreting/Drainage Construction/Excavation and Reinstatement/Modular Pavement Construction/Non Structural Concreting
- Interior Systems – Dry Lining (Fixing/Finishing/Ceiling Fixing/Partitioning)
- Maintenance Operations
- Painting and Decorating
- Paving Pavement Construction/Structural Concreting/General Building Operations
- Passive Fire Protection
- Removal of Non Hazardous Wastes
- Site Logistics Operations
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying)
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Wood Occupations – Site Carpentry
- Plant Operations (including cranes, forklift trucks, telehandlers, dumper trucks, slinger/signaller, etc)
– How does onsite assessment work?
An NVQ is validation of your existing skills and experience. During the qualification, your NVQ assessor will instruct you to collect work-based evidence that satisfies the requirements of the NVQ. There are many different ways to evidence your skills; some of the most common methods are photographs, videos, witness testimonies, employer endorsements, job cards and an onsite observation (where your assessor visits you in your workplace to watch you work). There is also ‘course work’ to complete which consists of a question pack relating to construction health and safety as well as specific questions about your trade.
– How long does it take?
A level 2 NVQ taken through the onsite assessment route usually takes between 8 and 12 weeks to complete. If you require a CSCS Card immediately, you can apply for the Experienced Worker Card (temporary card) while you are doing your qualification.
– How to apply
To check your eligibility and get your application started, please fill out the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with you within one working day. Alternatively, you can call us on 01942 673047 or email us at email@example.com.
Please act fast as funding is limited and we will provide this service on a first come, first served basis.