DMR Training is an approved assessment centre for NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems. We aim to help you gain your roofing NVQ as quickly and conveniently as possible.
Fast & Flexible Assessment
Experienced NVQ Assessors
Get Your CSCS Card
Who should take NVQ Level 2 in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems?
The NVQ Level 2 in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems course is for experienced waterproof membrane and liquid roofers who meet the recognised occupational standards. The qualification is a validation of your skills and experience.
The Onsite Assessment and Training (OSAT) route allows you to achieve your NVQ through workplace assessment at your own speed.
This qualification is a mandatory requirement in gaining your CSCS Skilled Worker card.
To undertake a Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems NVQ, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in waterproof membrane and liquid roofing
- Must currently be working as a roofer
- Aged 19+
Your assessor will check your eligibility before we sign you up to the qualification.
We deliver NVQ Level 2 in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems through the Onsite Assessment (OSAT) route. We will assign you a roofing NVQ assessor who will work with you for the duration of the course as you build a portfolio of evidence.
Types of evidence may include:
- An onsite observation while you work, carried out by your assessor in your workplace
- Photographs or videos of you working
- References, employer endorsements or witness testimonies verifying your work as a waterproof membrane and liquid roofer
- Detailed job logs of work you have completed
- A recorded professional discussion with your assessor either face-to-face or over the telephone
- Coursework covering the ‘theory’ of roofing, and construction health and safety
Once your assessor is satisfied you have submitted sufficient evidence, our internal verification team will check your portfolio. They will then claim your NVQ certificate with Proqual.
Although roofers can take up to six months or more to achieve their NVQ Level 2, we find that most complete the qualification in 2 to 3 months.
Ultimately, the qualification will fit around your professional and personal commitments. Work towards it at a speed you feel comfortable.
Costs & Funding
We currently have access to government NVQ funding for waterproof membrane roofers in Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Sheffield City Region (includes Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster). Please contact us so we can check your eligibility for funding.
If you are ineligible for government support, we can still help! We offer affordable self-funded assessment payable in two parts – 50% upfront and 50% on completion.
Please contact us to discuss funding and costs.
On completion of your Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems NVQ course, you can apply for your Skilled Worker card (blue card).
If you require a CSCS card while you are working towards your NVQ, you can apply for your temporary Experienced Worker card (red card).
All CSCS card applicants must first pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test (HS&E test).
After achieving Level 2 and depending on your experience, you may have the option to advance to NVQ Level 3 in a similar occupational area, NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction) or NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision.
When you decide to proceed with your NVQ, we will carry out a quick skills diagnostic to confirm your suitability for the qualification and the onsite assessment route.
We will then enrol you on the qualification with Proqual and issue your welcome email. Your assessor will contact you for your introductory telephone conversation and put together your assessment action plan.
For an initial commitment-free consultation, please call us on 01942 673047 or send us your details and we will get back to you.
Qualification Requirements for NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems
We deliver three pathways to the NVQ in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems
- NVQ Level 2 in Reinforced Bitumen Membrane Roofing (6 units)
- NVQ Level 2 in Single Ply Membrane Roofing (6 units)
- NVQ Level 2 in Liquid Applied Membrane Roofing Systems (6 units)
Mandatory Units – Candidates must complete the six mandatory units
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces for membrane roofing systems in the workplace
- Repairing membrane roofing systems in the workplace
- Applying reinforced bitumen membrane systems in the workplace (to achieve NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems – Reinforced Bitumen Membrane Roofing)
- Applying single ply membrane systems in the workplace (to achieve NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems – Single Ply Membrane Roofing)
- Applying liquid membrane systems in the workplace ((to achieve NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems – Liquid Applied Membrane Roofing Systems)
Additional Units – Candidates can elect to take additional units but they do not form part of the core qualification
- Installing decking for flat roof coverings in the workplace
- Installing support systems for green roofs in the workplace
- Installing solar collectors to roofs in the workplace
DMR Training was formed in 2013 and has since grown into one of the country’s leading centres for Roofing NVQ assessment. In that time, we have helped over 1000 construction workers gain their NVQ and CSCS card.
We are on the government’s Register of Training Organisations (ROTO), which means we can deliver funded assessment to eligible workers and employers.
If you would like to verify our status as a fully approved training and assessment centre for Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems, please contact:
ProQual AB Limited
Unit 1, Innovation Drive
Tel: 01430 423822
Before starting your qualification, an assessor will be assigned to work with you and provide ongoing support.
DMR assessors are former construction workers with at least five years’ experience in NVQ assessment.
They hold an A1 or TAQA assessor’s qualification, a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in their occupational area and a blue or gold CSCS card.
We provide full training to all our assessors in supporting people with dyslexia or learning disabilities. If you need extra support and guidance with the written elements of your Roofing NVQ, your assessor will draw up an assessment plan tailored to your needs.
An NVQ is a workplace competency qualification. As a competent waterproof membrane and liquid roofer, you will be expected to document your skills and experience through various types of ‘evidence’.
Your assessor will carry out at least one observation in your place of work. You will also complete coursework in your own time.
To achieve your qualification, you will not need to travel, there are no exams to sit, and you will not need to take time off work. Your assessor will provide support and guidance face-to-face, by phone and by email.
CITB-registered employers can claim a grant of £600 for every employee or contractor who completes an NVQ Level 2 to 7. You can find more information on the CITB website.
Government NVQ funding is available for construction workers who meet specific criteria. Please get in touch with us to find out if you are eligible for funding.
When you have completed your NVQ portfolio, our internal verification team will check it for compliance. They will then claim your certificate with Proqual.
Once we have received your certificate from the awarding body, we will forward it to you by recorded delivery. This process usually takes between two and four weeks.
To get your CSCS Skilled Worker card, you will also need to pass the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test at your local test centre.
You can apply for your card by visiting www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards. You will need to upload a copy of your NVQ certificate and have a debit or credit card ready to pay the £36 fee.
Yes, if you need a CSCS card while you are doing your waterproof membrane qualification, you can apply for the Experienced Worker card. You can request this card as soon as we have enrolled you on the NVQ (you will also need to pass the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test).
To apply for the temporary card, we will email you your proof of enrolment which you must submit to CSCS.
You will then upgrade to the Skilled Worker card once you have finished the qualification.