Roofing Apprenticeships at DMR Training
Are you a school leaver interested in roofing apprenticeships? If so, we’d like to encourage you to apply for an apprenticeship with us. We’re about to open our new roofing academy in Wigan; this will create many opportunities for young people in Wigan, Leigh and Manchester looking to embark on a construction career in roofing. Take advantage of this by sending us your CV today.
We are looking for practical young people who enjoy working with their hands. In addition to this, you must also feel comfortable working at heights, and outdoors.
Tasks and responsibilities of a roofing apprentice include:
- Working in a roofing/scaffolding gang
- General labouring and clean-up work initially, progressing to working at heights and increased responsibility
- Stripping roofs
- Use of power tools under supervision
Desired skills and attitude of an apprentice roofer:
- A strong desire to be a roofer in the construction industry
- An equally-strong desire to learn and progress
- Excellent punctuality
- The ability to work in a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Physical fitness and a head for heights
- Willingness to use public transport (unless they have own transport)
Working hours are usually around 07:30 to 16:00 although they vary from company to company. Apprentices will receive the national minimum wage rate of £3.70 per hour but some employers choose to pay more than this. Apprentices are also entitled to a minimum of 20 days paid leave each year in addition to 8 bank holidays.
Roofing apprenticeships are full time and last for 18 – 24 months. They are designed to provide a young person with the skills, experience, qualifications and confidence needed to succeed in the construction industry.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed in a career in roofing (or if you know someone who does), get in touch with us on 01942 673047. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an employer?
Let us take on the burden of recruiting and training your roofing apprentice. We can also advise you on funding and grants. Find more information on our Employer Page.