Roofing Apprenticeship Vacancy With Altrincham Firm
The successful applicant will gain employment with a respected Altrincham-based roofing firm that undertakes all aspects of roof maintenance in and around the North West. Although the company is Altrincham-based, you will also need to travel to Wigan one day a week to complete your diploma at DMR Roofing Academy. This is an 18 – 24-month full-time roofing apprenticeship where you’ll become fully qualified and set yourself up for a rewarding career in the construction industry.
- A strong desire to be a roofer in the construction industry
- An equally-strong desire to learn and progress
- Excellent punctuality
- The ability to work in a team
- Problem-solving skills
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Physical fitness and a head for heights
- Willingness to use public transport (unless you own your own transport)
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Working in a roofing/scaffolding gang of 2-3
- General labouring and clean-up work initially, progressing to working at heights
- Stripping roofs
- Use of power tools under supervision
Working hours are 07:30 to 16:00 with a paid 15-minute refreshment break as well as an unpaid 30-minute lunch break. As a full-time apprentice, you will also be entitled to a minimum of 20 days paid leave each year in addition to 8 bank holidays
- Are you interested in construction and roofing?
- Are you looking for a physical, hands-on role?
- Do you want to work outdoors?
- Are you comfortable with heights?
- Can you get to Altrincham for work?
- Can you get to Wigan one day a week for training?
If you answered yes to all these questions, we look forward to receiving your application. To apply for the roofing apprenticeship, either call us on 01942 673047, send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.