DMR Training is an approved assessment centre for NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management – General. We aim to help you gain your construction management NVQ as quickly and conveniently as possible.
Fast & Flexible Assessment
Experienced NVQ Assessors
Get Your CSCS Card
Who should take NVQ Level 6 in Construction Management?
The NVQ Level 6 in Construction Contracting Operations Management course is for experienced managers who meet the recognised occupational standards. The qualification is a validation of your skills and experience.
The Onsite Assessment and Training (OSAT) route allows you to achieve your NVQ through workplace assessment at your own speed.
This qualification is a route to gaining your CSCS Manager card (black card).
To undertake a Construction Contracting Operations Management NVQ, you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a construction management position
- Must currently be working as a construction manager
- Aged 19+
Your assessor will check your eligibility before we sign you up to the qualification.
We deliver NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management through the Onsite Assessment (OSAT) route. We will assign you a management assessor who will work with you for the duration of the course as you build a portfolio of evidence.
Types of evidence may include:
- An onsite observation while you work, carried out by your assessor in your workplace
- Photographs or videos of you working
- References, employer endorsements or witness testimonies verifying your work as a construction manager
- Detailed job logs of work you have completed
- A recorded professional discussion with your assessor either face-to-face or over the telephone
- Coursework covering the ‘theory’ of management, and construction health, safety and welfare
Once your assessor is satisfied you have submitted sufficient evidence, our internal verification team will check your portfolio. They will then claim your NVQ certificate with Proqual.
Although site managers can take up to a year to achieve their NVQ Level 6, we find that most complete the qualification in 3 to 6 months.
Ultimately, the qualification will fit around your professional and personal commitments. Work towards it at a speed you feel comfortable.
Costs & Funding
We currently do not have access to government funding for NVQ Level 6 in Construction Contracting Operations Management. However, we offer affordable self-funded assessment payable in two parts – 50% upfront and 50% on completion.
Please contact us to discuss funding and costs.
On completion of your management NVQ course, you can apply for your CSCS Manager card (AKA the ‘black card’).
If you require a CSCS card while you are working towards your NVQ, you can apply for your temporary Experienced Worker card (red card).
All CSCS Manager card applicants must first pass the CITB Managers and Professionals Health, Safety and Environment test (HS&E test).
After achieving Level 6 and depending on your experience, you may have the option to advance to Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management.
When you decide to proceed with your NVQ, we will carry out a quick skills diagnostic to confirm your suitability for the qualification and the onsite assessment route.
We will then enrol you on the qualification with Proqual and issue your welcome email. Your assessor will contact you for your introductory telephone conversation and put together your assessment action plan.
For an initial commitment-free consultation, please call us on 01942 673047 or send us your details and we will get back to you.
Qualification Requirements for NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management – General
Mandatory Units – Candidates must complete the four mandatory units
- Maintain health, safety and welfare systems in construction
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals in construction
- Chair meetings and take decisions in construction
- Enhance working relationships in construction
Optional Units – Candidates must complete at least four of the optional units
- Specify and control production documents in construction
- Optimise and control contract progress and costs in construction
- Prepare and agree contract accounts and claims in construction
- Identify, assess and evaluate project requirements in construction
- Prepare procurement schedules and programmes of work in construction
- Evaluate and confirm work methods and programme in construction
- Plan measured surveys in construction
- Ascertain the condition of property in construction
- Develop and agree detailed project designs in construction
- Implement strategic and integrated supply chain management and sourcing partnerships in construction
- Obtain tenders and appoint successful contractors in construction
- Evaluate enquiries and submit tenders in construction
- Analyse, monitor and optimise materials, plant and services in construction
- Control contract work in construction
DMR Training was formed in 2013 and has since grown into one of the country’s leading centres for construction management NVQ assessment. In that time, we have helped over 1000 construction workers gain their NVQ and CSCS card.
We are on the government’s Register of Training Organisations (ROTO), which means we can deliver funded assessment to eligible workers and employers.
If you would like to verify our status as a fully approved training and assessment centre for Construction Contracting Operations Management, please contact:
ProQual AB Limited
Unit 1, Innovation Drive
Tel: 01430 423822
Before starting your qualification, an assessor will be assigned to work with you and provide ongoing support.
DMR assessors are former construction workers with at least five years’ experience in NVQ assessment.
They hold an A1 or TAQA assessor’s qualification, a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in their occupational area and a blue or gold CSCS card.
We provide full training to all our assessors in supporting people with dyslexia or learning disabilities. If you need extra support and guidance with the written elements of your construction management NVQ, your assessor will draw up an assessment plan tailored to your needs.
An NVQ is a workplace competency qualification. As a competent manager, you will be expected to document your skills and experience through various types of ‘evidence’.
Your assessor will carry out at least one observation in your place of work. You will also complete coursework in your own time.
To achieve your qualification, you will not need to travel, there are no exams to sit, and you will not need to take time off work. Your assessor will provide support and guidance face-to-face, by phone and by email.
CITB-registered employers can claim a grant of £600 for every employee or contractor who completes an NVQ Level 2 to 7. You can find more information on the CITB website.
We do not have access to government funding for NVQ Level 6 at the present time.
When you have completed your NVQ portfolio, our internal verification team will check it for compliance. They will then claim your certificate with Proqual.
Once we have received your certificate from the awarding body, we will forward it to you by recorded delivery. This process usually takes between two and four weeks.
To get your CSCS Manager card (black card), you will also need to pass the Managers and Professionals CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test at your local test centre.
You can apply for your card by visiting www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards. You will need to upload a copy of your NVQ certificate and have a debit or credit card ready to pay the £36 fee.
Yes, if you need a CSCS card while you are doing your management qualification, you can apply for the Experienced Worker card. You can request this card as soon as we have enrolled you on the NVQ (you will also need to pass the CITB Health, Safety & Environment Test).
To apply for the temporary card, we will email you your proof of enrolment which you must submit to CSCS.
You will then upgrade to the CSCS Manager card once you have finished the qualification.