If you’re interested in joining our marketing team at DMR Training, read on…
Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship
DMR Training is an independent training provider for the construction industry based in Leigh, Greater Manchester. We deliver high-quality training and assessment for NVQs, Apprenticeships and other training programmes.
As a growing business we are looking to strengthen our admin support and expand our marketing function.
We want to stay a few steps ahead of the competition so this is where your flair and creativity can help us move the business forward.
As a Marketing Assistant Apprentice you will develop essential admin and communications skills while starting to learn about, and be involved in, the full marketing mix including content development, online & social media activity, print production, events and exhibitions. You will work towards your Level 2 Marketing Apprenticeship with a view to progressing onto a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship to specialise in Digital Marketing.
You will be a well-presented, well-organised individual with an appetite to learn and develop your skills. You will be comfortable communicating with staff and clients at all levels whether that’s via email, on the phone or face to face. While you will receive training in all aspects of the job we are looking for someone who is confident to use their initiative to help get things done. You will have good attention to detail and not be afraid to ask questions. Good standards of Maths, English and IT will be required for this Apprenticeship, you will need five GCSEs grades A-C including these three subjects.
Training may take the form of work shadowing, formal one-to-one training sessions or online tutorials. You will have regular reviews to embed learning, monitor progress and ensure you stay on track for your qualification.
Dealing with Clients – Customer Relations, Admin and Communications
- Welcome visitors into the business ensuring they are signed in, prepare meeting rooms and provide refreshments. Ensure reception is clean, tidy and welcoming to visitors – first impressions are important
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail, handling incoming calls & emails, taking messages
- Filing paperwork and following company procedures for the disposal of confidential waste
- Admin support as and when required by the business
- Manage your own online diary
- Support the Marketing Executive as required
- Brainstorm new and creative ideas for marketing campaigns
- Contribute to the print production process for marketing materials and ensure marketing materials are stocked up, on display and up to date
- Write ‘rich’ content and copy for a range of marketing media – press releases, leaflets, web pages etc
- Develop engaging online content including videos and blogs
- Prepare materials for events and exhibitions and attend as required
Online and Social Media
- Support social media and web activity for the company
- Keep up to date with new social media platforms and identifying marketing trends; to inform future campaigns
- Track and analyse DMR’s online activity and look for ways to improve impact and performance
- Research and maintain knowledge of competitor activity
- Desk-top research for preparing marketing campaigns and building data lists
- Data entry and updating spreadsheets, which may include handling sensitive data
- Work within security guidelines to protect data across digital and social media platforms
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday from 8.30am-5.00pm, totalling 37 ½ per week
Rate of Pay
£3.70 per hour (£138.75 per week)
How to Appy
Either send your CV to email@example.com or use the contact form on our website.